Saturday, March 12, 2005

oh, I forgot to comment about the da vinci code seminar thingy...

decoding the da vinci code... the speaker was rather personal in his attacks against dan brown, which I felt, lent less credibility to his speech... it was plainly all rebuttals and no allowance for dan brown's book... and it's claims... which makes it all the more laughable since dan brown himself, in his website, said that everything he wrote was pure fiction...

don't get me wrong... I support the counter-claims... it's just the delivery... quite disturbing...

so I'm stating my stand... that perhaps objectivity and not subjectivity is the way to convince a crowd... we live amongst people who are thinking, picking up their learning from everywhere... you cannot simply expect, whether or not the person is a newly graduated 'o' level student or an executive with 30 years of experience, to simply swallow whatever you would say... we challenge, we learn... in a globalised world where technology aids in our "rampant" and rapid learning... are all sources to be discredited by others?

and who knows what's right and what isn't?

is the Bible even real?

you've got to know it for yourself... if your answer to the last question was that you're not sure... I don't blame you, nor judge you... we all have lapses in time where we feel so insecure about our faith, simply because we are not scholars like those in the olden times... nor we have degrees in theology... we seem to always just rely on whatever our pastors tell us... that should be true, isn't it? but is it?

you've got to know it for yourself!

the key is: your experiences with God, the Holy Spirit within you, and the Bible... do they all correspond? for me, they do... that's the reason why I'm quite darn sure...

go for it yourselves!!!!

oh yar... just wrote another song... haha... the tune's not confirmed yet... but I feel that my songs are so cliche... seems I can only write when either very relaxed... or very stressed... and upset to boot... :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home