Saturday, December 11, 2004

don't blame me if I feel like migrating...

seriously! the weather there in china's so comfortingly cool and though a tad dry, isn't too harsh an environment to be in (at least for the time I was there)

of course, it isn't just the weather... it's everything! China so different from the last time I saw it- six years ago. More modern, advanced, hip (yes, hip) and whatever other words you can use to describe it with... ;P I thoroughly enjoyed my poor-deprived self and of course, as in all tours, didn't get sufficient sleep, but nonetheless had boundless energy to be prancing about and climbing the great wall etc. with such gusto...

forgive me then, fellow brethren, if I start to spout chinese poetry and bury myself in the rich culture and history of the people there... I've never been so in touch with my roots and man am I proud to be a chinese! (you would never have caught me saying that any time when I was little, ever!)

the food's good, the people competitively good looking and the shopping's wondrously cheap... what more could I ask for?

oh yes, the nights were spent doing my little Bible studies and I feel spiritually energised... (although I didn't participate in my church's youth camp due to the clash of my holidays and the camp) and I feel that so much have passed since the ten day holiday of mine... I have learnt how to love and accomodate my family and enjoy time with them. I have also learnt to help out more at home to find ownership within the space of my own home... not to mention also, treasure moments spent with them... it's all very precious to me... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home