Saturday, December 10, 2005

Anntic Camp 2005 by VCF

wow.

i believe it apt for me to reflect and update on what has been happening in the last 6 days and 5 nights- which have been most encouraging and spiritually refreshing... enlightening to the eyes.

so many things have happened during the camp and i feel like that little rambling girl who did so for her previous camp in vcf - her foc camp, about a year and a half ago. it seems like such a short time has passed but it hasn't. everyday brings me closer to the probability of wasting away my time in the most astonishingly disgraceful manner. i need to rethink students' ministry and call it my own.

i was the logistics head for the camp and with it carried the responsibility of ensuring that everything that needed to be brought there was done so. thank God for Ian and Taiyu who helped me with the stuff... really appreciated the help and thanked them in my thanksgiving speech on friday night. angeline was chairperson, gilbert the camp commandant, danielle and tze fong the experiential games heads, lingyin the treasurer, yinbing the secretary and esther my co logistics personnel.

man it was a mad rush trying to tie things down at the last minute which could not have been avoided as we really had no time after that of the exams. nevertheless we made do with what we had and thankfully, God made things happen where we seem most inadequate.

i thank God that the t shirts came on just fine and so was the delivery. the games me and esther planned went well and good. where i had to make speeches impromptu i thank God for the eloquence and the wisdom in speech. where i had lacked i thank God for allowing me to bring joy to my bunk mates by chatting them up... though different groups at various times which made me sleep a lot less!

hehe. and i ate like a pig. 6 meals a day. morning, break, lunch, tea time, dinner and last but not the least supper at about 11 every night without fail. i thank God i didn't grow too much fatter. and what with the lack of exercise... ")

the theme talks and the workshops (1. Sacred and Secular Divide 2. Apologetics 3. Social life of a Christian) as well as the games though being a station master and the seafood dinner on the last night was amazing. I loved every moment of it all and I only wished that time could have stayed a little longer with us... :)

made wonderful friends in my group AMOS :
taiyu, amanda, jonathan, ri xin, vivien, delia, man ting, kin yew, donn, chien hua, becky and me.

we were touted the noisiest group but so what? haha... had a lot of fun albeit crappy and it's been an amazingly hilarious time!

the only pangs i felt was when i let some of my friends there at anntic know that i would be leaving singapore in no time at all... sadness filled my heart as i know that i might not be able to meet up with those friends who would be graduating by the time i get out of exchange...

jan ho, taiyu, wei hao, andrew, vivien, all the dinosaurs, angeline, kelvin tan, marcus, ronald, joel etc... haiz.

goodness knows where all these would lead us to? but what's most important is the friendships that i have found in them and that that they have found in me. if we were to meet in the future one day. thank God! otherwise i would hope to see them in heaven anyway... :) so i shall pray for them...

prominence and success have given themselves new meaning in this camp. they don't mean as much to me as before. i felt it strongly when God spoke to me. he is God my Banner and in no one else will i find my jehovah nissi. :)

someone's going away although not in the near future... albeit never stating intentions in the beginning... why. eyes have seen that caught the wind of a seemingly bleak outlook, yet hope sparkles in the eyes. talkable eyes.

btw do i really look like a prc? or an abc after being heard? apparently so. was quite amused. :) some people speak with tact but give away clues in purpose. original. but i sense no hope in silence and mere help from others.

argh a gratifying of the ego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home