Sunday, December 17, 2006

Post number 700: How Significant!!!

It has been a fabulous semester I've had... I don't know too much about the results but the experience in itself is enough to leave me smiling like a cheshire cat and reminising about so much that has happened... since this also happens to be the end of the year... I might as well do a little summary of my exciting 21st year thus far!!!

January to March: Students' Exchange Program at University of Washington, Seattle, USA
* Met Ian Soh, the superb jazz musician who influenced my take on music and made me more confident of my abilities to sing and express myself in song...
* Taught Ian to shop, cook, dress and do laundry
* We went to Vancouver in Canada, New York City as well as Portland in Oregon to do major sightseeing and shopping
* Spent a whole load of money which I highly regret about after finding out that I could have applied for the SEP grant which would have more than covered the shopping expenses...
* Did one finance module and aced it, did one marketing module in which i disliked the class interaction plagued with racist underlinings but liked the shopping assignments to find out about america's retailing, did a strategic management which i aced again and another operations management class which was superbly easy...
* Got into the dean's list (for once since I won't be in NUS' anyways...)
* Loved the wonderful sights at the Uni of Washington and fell in love with USA, but I missed my family and so came back as early as I could...

April to June
* Did special term to make up for the shortfall of that one module I couldn't take back in UW
* Basically slacked around at home and got fat
* Got down to cutting back on the fats and slimming down with swimming and running
* Didn't see the results until much later
* Got arrowed to be the Anntic Committee Chairperson (thanks to Yvonne!)

July
* Went for VCF Freshmen Orientation Camp 06 and was one of the few female group leaders
* Met the freshies and got two of them to join Anntic 06
* Had many Anntic Com meetings without so many of the com members I wondered if the camp was ever going to materialise
* We finally had the retreat which had the highest attendance and from that moment of bonding- friendship was sealed and commitment took off from there
* I finally noticed that the committee (Nel, myself, william, fred, si en, kohni, peishan, edward, sheena, jane, zizi) had a particularly mischevious character when we played some games and the teasing and joking started to kick off... :)

August
* Went to recce the place in Port Dickson with Nel, peishan and fred
* Found out about Fred's political aspirations as well as our acting abilities
* Made some silly lame videos and I never looked back!
* Started school in some what of a limbo but picked right off real soon
* Epistole meeting at Justin's home- I still remember very well his commitment to making our chicken wings all day... :)

September-November
* Anntic Meetings
* We went to Recce the place - Nel, myself, fred and pei shan
* School went in full force and I certainly grabbed for myself too many projects to do with the modules I chose
* Council meetings in between
* Epi Articles slotted in
* Church music ministry commitments
* Dance Ministry commitments
* Found out I was going for NOC
* Exam period was marked with a single paper and it was an open-book exam

December
* Final Anntic meeting- learnt the camp theme song from nel and did alot of budgeting issues wrangling with william, logistics was perfectly covered by fred and we just laughed our way snacking by all means
* I baked muffins for the com on that day
* NOC Campout for two days
* Followed by advance partying with Sida, Rachel, Lester, Fred, William, Kohni
* Anntic Camp ensued... it was most exhilarating, most exciting and most wonderful of memories I would take back with me
* I forgot to pack in sleeved shirts and ended up having to put on my jacket despite the extreme heat over my singlets
* I shared my life testimony- many people came to tell me they were touched (thanks Gillian, Lester, Joseph, Justin and Winston!)
* The camp com was in full force- we worked hard and laughed even harder with the lame poems for our speakers as well as planning late into the nights... I never had such energy before to handle this- must have been God given... (of course I was a fine contributor to the lameness- what do you think? :))
* We had dinner on the last day and I had the scare of scandalous pictures taken of me accidentally leaning on someone in the bus back home...
* Cabbed back to home sweet home with Justin, Shawn and Mark
* Waiting for my sweet rest of the family to come back from holidaying in China
* Waiting to proceed with Visa and administrative stuff for NOC
* Going to have practices as well as actual days with the church musical- The Return
* Going to help out at the SM3 camp and have a briefing session just before- yay I'll see my Vcf friends again!

2007- January
* Anntic Debriefing Meeting
* Packing
* Going and gone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home