Saturday, March 19, 2005

Blogs... a wonderful invention...

It was my maiden trip to go around people's blogs in the midst of studying for my calculus exam of which I haven't really touched (and this is so unlike me). anyway... I've been putting up comments of encouragement every here and there... guess it brings to people's attention that you actually read their blogs, are interested in their lives, and emphathize with them... now I realise the potence of having a blog network system... :)

and I have learnt so much from the honest inputs of my friends (particularly those from the vcf musical since I had all the links to their blogs through our falling, spinning blog) and perhaps maybe the blog isn't just about writing about ourselves and nothing else... it's about sharing, learning, and encouraging... how something a little secular in outlook can become a tool in the hands of a christian huh? but similarly... we tend to lament in our blogs and forget to commit the whole series of events in our lives to our Lord Jesus... that's a real danger...

Humility: not thinking less of ourselves but thinking of ourselves less... (taken from the book The Purpose Driven Life and I was reminded of it by desmond during cell on friday...

perhaps when we've learnt true humility... then would we realise the true meaning of life... to live like our Lord Jesus... and simply to follow him... all the days of our lives...

and yes, it's all about him, his people and his message... stephen brought forth a very cutting yet gentle message of this... just yesterday... how much of what we do is unto God? and how much do we sacrifice? everything? or it's simply sacrilege? (a leftover... something which costs us nothing?) everyone has a pride... which once laid down... turns our insecurities into molding tools... turning us from mere clay into someone useful... though broken in everyway, but glorifying the Lord everyday...