Saturday, June 04, 2005

The three women who taught me valuable things today.

Firstly, my mom. She's ever so patient with everyone in church and at home. No doubt she's still fallible at times, but given my character in her place, everything would have screwed up with my hot temper and outbursts.

Secondly, Justine Henin Hardenne. She showed me what it takes to beat the odds. By working it hard. Driving it tough. Showing nerves of steel and being the lethal behind that sweet pixie-like face of hers. It didn't matter that she was bed-ridden for so many months. It didn't matter that she was so weak and so out of touch with her past glories. She fought hard and she won.

I want to do that too. And i know I'll fight and win. as long as my plans are in his hands. :)

Thirdly, Mary Pierce. At 30 she is hardly the thinkable champion. yet in my heart, she is. she fought so many odds with her age and got back her fitness. gave it all away and had the stable support from her brother, which is especially touching since her brother gave up his professional job just to train her and be with her throughout this fight she fought. and she thanked everyone, from the transportation people who never got any thanks as far as i know in any professional competition, to the ball-pickers... to the people who prayed with her and for her.

Three Men. My youth pastor. Nadal. Federer.

My youth pastor struck a chord with me the moment I learnt of his past. his mindset, thinking and abilities seem to coincide with mine. in a sense. the thought process, the fighter within. he gave up his future to Jesus. he didn't look upon the possible bright future he would have had. he's respected by the adults in my church as well as the youth. he has the passion, the drive, the leadership quality and most importantly, the sincerity. It made me realise the person that I was was not to be of God's liking. and I'm starting to change and realise more and more each day.

Nadal. Young, aggressive fella. made me think about the times i would just give it all to attain something. i need the same tenacity right now. I need to fight the good fight this life time. there won't be a second. no chances. just whack.

Federer. The smug and relaxed champion. he knows what he is good at and he knows his place in any match. he knows what he has to do and he does it.never mind he didn't win this time around but he has been my champion since those years he was a constant number 2 in the circuit... he's my schumacher in tennis... :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Decrease the percentage of fat tissue in body http://www.digital-video-camcorder.info/san-jacinto-co-tx-real-estate-acreage.html

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home