Friday, April 29, 2005

Gracious Uncertainty...

there are so many times when all of us simply feel out-of-place, uncertain, worried, anxious, afraid... but that's when God can truly work within us... I read in the daily devotional "My Utmost for His Highest" that truly... when we are so darn sure about our lives and anticipate the next thing going so assiduously, that's when we don't trust God enough... we need some uncertainty... because when we feel uncertain about things... that's probably when we are most open to his leading and guiding... and God can sometimes ask us to radically change our thinking and traditions to fit into his perfect plan... we've got to be careful not to hold on to them too tightly...

and yet, we have a certain faith... a faith that's certain... that won't quiver in the midst of the storm... because although the weather might change for the better or worse... that doesn't really matter anymore... what matters is that the hand that leads us through is everlasting and everliving... ever consistent... and he promises he will deliver as promised...

so in the midst of my really mundane life right now... I have found new hope and happiness in him once again... not that I wasn't happy in him before... but possibly, I would like to find a new happiness in him every morning... every moment of the day. I know that isn't too much to ask in a God who's infinite in his love and ways...

God, I look to more of your teaching me... it ain't the results nor the situation that's the central focus anymore... it's how the results and situations teach me to look to your ways, to build my faith upon you... :)