Friday, March 25, 2005

Just some songs I would like to share in the midst of all these...

just when I feel like I've understood it all... and being deserving... God brings me down again... and again... today's easties' supper was good... but it made me realise who I wasn't any longer...

We've nothing to boast of

I've been trying to dictate my life, my goals, successes
I've been trying to use my talents for my glory

But I realise my life's control is out of my reach
It seems my life just isn't my own
It seems I've nothing to boast of

Chorus:
We've nothing to boast of
All earthly treasures fade in the sight of you
We've nothing to boast of
What we have we cannot call our own
(*2)

I once thought that life was all about the booze and fooze
Perpectual toils on myself, I'd see time well used

Chorus

Bridge:
Who would love a broken person like me?
Who's grace would touch this heart inside?
Who's joy can fill my short-comings?
What's faith that brings me new tomorrows?

Words and Lyrics By Sophia Goh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How marvellous, how wondrous...

A seed comes from the wilted
Just like the way my salvation came from suffering
A rose stands in the desert
Just like the spring of life you bring to parched earth

Oh, I can't imagine
Oh, I can't help thinking

How marvellous are your ways
So infinite and my days
Are carefully willed in the power of your love
How wonderous is your grace
That receives me and this race
Is one that I commit to you Lord!

Words and Lyrics By Sophia Goh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home