Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ops i did it again...

i read another book... argh. this habit has got to go... The Tapestries by Kien Nguyen is a rather moving and tragic book that reminded me alot of the scripts on channel 8 which depict old china... since the vietnamese were previously known as cochin chinese i guess the chinese culture extended to them as well...

it's a rather poignant tale that moved me but not so much as to bring me to tears... i suppose that one sad story after another does nothing to the soul... yet i find myself a little happier these days.. perhaps constant contrast between others' plights and my own would bring me to realisation of the blessed life i actually have...

and i read this whole book in like 4 hours... goodness...

been feeling like such a slob today... doing nothing but watching the telly with tennis players playing their guts out whilst i munch in front of the telly... it's utterly disgusting and i am disgusted with myself... well it's just for a day but i feel like a slug already...

no the fact that i read a book doesn't comfort me... but the fact that i now have no more books that i find interesting to consume is elation to me... because finally, the next time i want to read something, i would turn to my lecture notes and study... *cross fingers*

i didn't know how important it was that win took my article and said he liked it... i was pondering over the lack of spice and fuel into the whole article.. how listless i sounded and pointless i became... when ironically, i was trying to get my idea across in a more systematic way so that my point is taken across... but in that i lost myself... so i took it back and 'sophied' it a little... like he said... haha... hope that it works... for everyone else... but i sighed relief when he actually found it interesting...

been chasing people for work... i admit that this is rather taxing and i don't know how else to approach people to do some stuff for me without trying to sound too diplomatic... i just hope i appear friendly enough not to become a target for stoning...

class is on tomorrow and exco meeting as well... can't go play golf with my parents in the morning because i hadn't gotten that silly PC... i didn't know it was that disappointing for me until i got grumpy when my mom kept mentioning they were going to play... haha... now i know... and realise...

meanwhile... least it's something for me to do tomorrow and woo hoo we would be going to eat some seafood on friday.. can't wait! am trying not to think of the amount of exercise i would have to do to counter the fats... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home