Sunday, January 08, 2006

such a pleasant weekend!!!

and i enjoyed myself so thoroughly i forgot to blog about it periodically... before i forget everything here goes!

saturday i spent my day trying to do my laundry and at night we had dinner at the meeting for the christian students' society welcome dinner, as well as adjourned to kaibun's place... (kaibun is a japanese freshman whom i got to know through cherlyn, who got to know him and his bunch of friends from thailand, taiwan and africa through her friend who stayed at U-Dub last semester!) for thai food cooked by jiro (the thai guy... ya i know his name sounds jap but oh well!)

and then i spoke to him over msn for kinda long... time wasn't a factor then and i don't remember the timing... haha... ;P

and thereafter my family! over the web cam... my mom seems to love seattle from my descriptions already! haha she was so excited over my steals on thursday's rampage...

today's sunday for me and me and cherlyn and rachel agreed to go to the uni presbytarian church (which formally we didn't agree upon but somehow did unexpectedly!) and met gabriel and Christian as well... :) was so nice... to be in the midst of believers once again... in lonely seattle... :)

sunday flew past and it was night when me, leonard, cherlyn, rachel and Christian got to go to a Jazz restaurant to enjoy John Nolte's serenade... :O) with a whole band consisting of the bass, drums, piano, trumpets, trombone, sax, oboe etc... we were watching the people dancing around us and enjoying the food so much! it was so nice...

and then me, cherlyn and rachel were saying that the dancing didn't look too difficult- as a joke... who knew? the next moment a man came up to me and asked me for a dance... i couldn't say no... could I? :) so i did! although a little awkward... i have never tried to dance to jazz before... but it was a nice experience! they said i didn't do too badly... hehe...

most wonderful weekend! although i spent alot on the jazz and dance and dinner... but every cent was worth it... trust me! Christian, i think you got a jazz pub friend here! :)