Sunday, December 25, 2005

spending on some and splurging on others... sheesh

ya sheesh. can you imagine me bringing bottles of shampoo over (actually more for the suitability of hair care products) and having to buy my own telephone and water heater and reading lamp there?

it's unimaginable. I can almost picture myself trying to peer into the darkness when the day falls short of sunlight... especially when i am going in the winter- which has short daylight hours...

good thing we don't practice those daylight saving hours s***...

or i'll hover in confusion...

well the party we threw for our relatives and all was really nice and successful! my cousins would be sending me off and i was so touched... after all i only started catching up with them very recently... and yes one of my many cousins who went overseas just came back fatter (which is a good thing for his very slim body) as well as a crop of greyish greenish jap-styled hair... was so darn cool!

my dad asked him to give me some tips about living abroad and the funny thing is that he actually asked me to first convert my licence into an international one and rent all the sports cars to drive and all... he's one daredevil kind... haha... cousins... we think alike.. though for good reasons of cost i wouldn't... but then again... hey i have got that ise card which gives me cars for US $40 a day... very reasonable...

haha... then again... i love to be driven...

if only i had met my good friends in business earlier (since i only got closer to them this sem) then i wouldn't be having these problems... would most probably be going with them to the US (at least with those who are keen on going) and then we'll all work things out together... like the renting of car and stuff like that...

unfortunately... i'm decidedly braving it out (and by choice mind you)... cause i could have lived with the singaporean friends i met before all these stuff were confirmed but i chose to live alone, or with the locals... just not within such close proximity! haha... but got to learn to share the space and let go... be independent... think american... which isn't such a bad idea since i think we chinese have alot to learn from them... the smart americans are some of my finest role models... like steve jobs from apple and bill gates from microsoft... oh not to mention the butt-kicking scott mc nealy... ha.

i'm not in the least bit bothered by the alcohol in my tummy... had alot of bailey's to drink... irish cream is superb i tell you... and yes since i wouldn't dream of drinking too much over there... with my family, it's safe and good... :)

though i wouldn't deny my wanting to hang out at the jazz pubs within my campus... oh no not the ones off campus... not at night at least...

got to catch up with fun...

my uncle told me about his turkish experience... and showed me some pictures he took with his phone... was very nice... and amazing... do you know of this mosque/church which used to be a church but was converted to a mosque once the muslims took over the country in turkey? It's the Hagia Sophia or something... for my name's sake i should visit! haha... and they only found out it used to be a church when the plaster the muslims plastered over the gold-plated painting of the apostles and mary and baby Jesus started to peel due to weathering...

God uses nature-something he created, to show us his glory and beauty once again... amazing.

church was nice and warm today... said my last good byes to my friends whom i won't see again except for the brady bunch of micah 6:8! we'll be meeting for breakfast on tues...

okies i have been eating alot these days and skipping my exercise... seriously... i think i don't have so much of a care anymore... and it's frightening... i need to get in the 'zone' esp when i still can...

though the baked fish, honey ham, roasted turkey and pao dian were so good my mom gaped when i had my like 7th round?

am not exaggerating. my mom is still gaping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home