Monday, August 22, 2005

sometimes i'm just amazed!

that God can use the most insignificant thing (or rather, seemingly so) to teach me things i normally would not think of...

take my recent outbreak of pimples. man were they bad. but i realised that the very issue of it all was the foundation that i switched to and my skin was rather allergic to it. this is going to sound lame but see if my foundation of it all is the wrong thing already, it doesn't matter what else i put on top of it... it doesn't matter how it looks like then and there.. what matters the most is: can it sustain you throughout? are you able to live with your foundation choice and know it's going to make you feel all better about yourself and not worse? that it genuinely helps and doesn't hurt?

my flu. the flu bug gave me a rundown of the various ways i could be reaching out to other people... first of all, i didn't know that i knew that many people in bizad itself and while i was trying to silently sniff away my tissues of erm... ***** alot of people came up to me and asked how i felt and how i was for all these while they haven't seen me... seems like i do matter to alot of people in bizad! even those i simply meet down the corridor... seems like my smile has touched some people's hearts at least... it was very very heartening! and that should be how it all starts isn't it? :)

my presentation this afternoon and though i didn't have ANY time to rehearse nor go through what i needed to present this afternoon... i just told him that i am so so busy this week and the next and that i am not going to depend on my strength but his. especially in today's case where i felt that my throat was going... and alot of people could tell so... and he was faithful. my group didn't rehearse nothing...

but the teacher said that our presentation was fantastically done, the handouts was good (although we really did it last minute due to alot of cock-ups here and there with the nus email system) and our question and answer was superb.

what else but his grace? before i tried to take credit for all that (because honestly the teacher made it very obvious that she liked my part) i reminded myself of who it was that gave me my voice despite my not taking care of myself the whole time... despite my lack of sleep which, looking back was foolish... i struggled, hell ya... i did... i just closed my eyes and said: thank you Jesus...

it was so hard to release... something small... seemingly insignificant. but true. and you know what? i felt so much better then... suppose that it would have been easier on the ears of my fellow classmates as well! boasting takes no one anywhere...

i've learnt.

and i've learnt that true peace comes when you obey the father's will... when you pray until something happens... and it does come your way in life... somehow the peace which has always been within blossoms into a wonderful smile within you... thanks for being my smile dear!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home