Monday, August 14, 2006

Bizad Says: No Slippers for you!

It's amazing how we can all be categorized as mature and thinking adults when things like developing a corporate culture in the business school has to be driven into people... but I guess it takes hard tactics and a hard time to get everyone into it... It would be no slippers for anyone in business (the cheapo kinds)... and you can be sure to be stared at when you flout the spoken rule... :) I personally think it's easier to change the culture within the school in asia using un-asian tactics... because everyone isn't too psyched about being radical, and most would rather follow the norm than clash outrightly, verbalising expectations makes for a good implementation of this new culture...

fortunately, it wouldn't be too much for me to take! haha... I don't have a habit of wearing slippers to school except for my rockports... but they have been worn a little badly... so i guess it's heels and shoes for me this sem!

what alot to do... yet, what lesser distractions! Then again, perhaps it brings me back to my friends, meeting up, having meals and chatting up in his absence... which isn't a bad alternative at all! :) I think! *wink* of course I would be terribly busy and while it can get on the nerves of people around me- the busyness, I think it would be the one thing people are going to be thankful of... so that I wouldn't have the time for other things... ? :)

I wonder how this busy semester is going to be... but thinking back, i don't think that this sem would be any tougher than others that I have scrapped through... perhaps it's different because I am finally getting rid of the things I need not participate in and doing what I believe I need to do... and perhaps the expectations of 'inevitably' doing better as a result of better conditions make for a more nervous start to this sem... perhaps the fact that I need to do better rubs it in too...

oh well... sometimes the unmeasured thoughts of just driving through the thickets can be your sole saving factor!

Roger Federer made a tremendous comeback from a set down to win the Rogers ATP Masters Series against 20 year old Richard Gasquet... Roger turned 25 last tuesday... and he was in doubt of his capabilities... he knew he could make the comeback... and believing in oneself despite everyone else's disbelief in you is vital in making that happen... no matter what... I have to learn alot from my hero...

I really like Gasquet too though... after injuries and many setbacks he came back to play fantastic tennis that blew everyone away... what do we know about his after match evaluation?

"I know I can beat Roger Federer, it's only a matter of time..."

Indeed it is... indeed it is... Little Sophie, it's only a matter of time... Believe!

On a side note... my cousin is taking part in the NTU pageant! Previously another cousin of mine took part and got 2nd place... that same cousin got 2nd in the Air Force manhunt... haha... I really wish him well man... he's my closest cousin... my age... 1.85m tall... someone keep a lookout for him? :) I don't think I can push through the throngs of admiring girls... haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home