Monday, March 06, 2006

for my yoke is light and my burden is easy...

i never knew that in Jesus' time carpenters were more or less tasked with the job of making yokes for the oxen to pull the burden of load they had. and the carpenters had to be really skilled in this for it takes the top carpenters to build these... to ensure that the oxen would not get bruises from carrying the load, that the yoke fits nicely on its back, that it would be smooth and light and not cause any abrasive action... wouldn't be pain.

Jesus was a master carpenter... he made yokes in his time. the yokes that he makes are light and smooth and fits easily on us. just like the yoke made for two oxen that must sit perfectly and be perfectly balanced on both oxen to pull the carriage or whatever it is, Jesus wants to fit a perfect yoke on me, one that is light and smooth and helps me rather than burden me. who else to fit a yoke on me but someone who knows me inside out?

and makes sure he's alongside me, pulling the burden and making sure the yoke still sits and fits nicely on me... :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home