Sunday, February 05, 2006

the seahawks lost.

ouch. hah. actually i did care until the overhype was too much for me to take...

on my way to church i passed the ghost town of seattle.. no one was out, stores were closed, everyone in hall was watching abc sports... and i knew church would be empty as well...

but it was the best service i have ever attended.. what other sermon would be more apt than that preached by Jesus?

We did Matthew 5-7 and all the pastor did was to read it out emphatically... that's it. the whole thing. i think i didn't mention that he memorized the whole thing... that's amazing...

and the songs touched me so much... every time i get to UPC i get so ministered to...

met this canadian guy who just came back from indonesia for his mission training in YWAM... he was so ministered to he wants to go back to minister and love the muslims there. Thank God.

and ian and I spoke to the music coordinator in church... think we're going to join the music team somehow now... and i need to buy a recorder... u know those noisy things we used to play in school? well they integrate it into church music so nicely i am amazed... we need to do something about that... :)

"How Majestic is Your Name" Kari Medina (the music coordinator in church)

(Women) O Lord, our God
(Men) How majestic is your name
(repeat)
(All) O Lord, our God; O Lord, our God

When I consider the heavens, the moon and the stars,
O, how can it be you are mindful of us?
And yet you have crowned us with glory and power
And granted dominion over all of the work of your hands

"When It's all been Said and Done" Jim Cowen

When it's all been said and done,
There is just one thing that matters:
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for love's reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and ever after
For you've shown me heaven's my true home;
When it's all been said and done,
You're my life when life is gone.

"Walk Your Road" Nathan and Christy Nockels

Dusty feet tired from walking, but you have beautiful feet
And you walked those roads, and you gave hope to me.
Calloused hands tired from working, but you have beautiful hands
And the wounds therein have given life to me.

And I want to know your beauty, to hold it here in my heart.
Oh Lord, of only I could make my road look like your road,
If I could love the way you love.
If your word in my heart was the only thing I used to fill me up,
I want to place my feet where the wounded walk,
And where you learned to love, no matter what the cost,
I want to go, I want to walk your road.

A broken heart for the wounded, and yours is the most beautiful
Looking past our faults and dying to meet our need.
Weeping eyes for the sinner, there's nothing more beautiful,
And Lord, I want the passion of those tears.